Bandcamp is looking for a clever, convivial individual to join our interdisciplinary, ultradedicated, unusually well-loved support team. You are a superb and compassionate communicator, obsessively detail oriented, and possess a strong desire to get to the bottom of how things work (or why they don’t). You are willing to spend the majority of your day crafting helpful messages because you, like us, believe that customer support is not a necessary evil, but rather a critical business function as powerful as any product feature. Indeed, you’re not looking for a traditional customer support role, you’re looking to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways to a company whose mission you believe in.
- Use your expert knowledge of the site to field email inquiries from an amazing (but not always 100% sober) customer base of artists, labels, and fans.
- Follow, review, and test new project developments to stay several steps ahead of potential support issues.
- Perform analyses on common problems to identify, report, and correct usability snags (and other surprises).
- Hone our help docs and internal processes with the objective of putting yourself out of a job reducing the support team’s load.
- Your writing is clear, concise, empathetic and 99.9999% of the time typo-free. Your grammar is impeccable. Full stop.
- You are able to retain an enormous, ever-changing set of specific details, and live for the little blast of dopamine that comes from connecting the pieces.
- You live anywhere, but your workday overlaps with 9am-5pm PST for at least four hours.
- Extra credit: you are already a Bandcamp user (applicants with both Fan and Artist accounts are entitled to bonus points).
To apply, send a resume and writing samples (and/or a link to your blog) to the address given when you append the class
obscure-movie-reference to this tag.