Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr is looking for an exceptional Director of Business Development to join WooCommerce’s Partnerships team.
As Director of Business Development, you will identify, assess, and prioritize new business opportunities; evaluate and recommend partnerships; work with engineering, product, and marketing to develop and manage integrations; and oversee the long?-term success of partnerships at WooCommerce.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
- Identify, negotiate, and oversee strategic partnerships that increase the distribution of our products and generate revenue, as well as strengthen our product offering through technical integrations.
- Contribute to developing vision and goals for partnerships at WooCommerce, and execute on the plan for growth.
- Design processes that enable the team to scale, from standardizing common deals to implementing reporting on metrics that track our progress against our goals.
- Collaborate with marketing, product and engineering teams across WooCommerce to ensure success.
- Scale the partnerships function at Automattic and collaborate with other partnerships divisions across Automattic.
- 8+ years of experience, at least four of which that involve negotiating, building, and maintaining technical partnerships and integrations.
- Sound knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Experience working cross-functionally with legal, engineering, and marketing teams
- Highly self-?motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- A passion for open source technology and an understanding of CMS, SaaS, and hosting environments preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Curious who else works at WooCommerce? Please meet Doug Aitken!
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.