Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Director of Content to help us build our content strategy and manage our editorial processes into an engine for growth and engagement.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director of Content, you’ll:
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to define the content strategy, and develop an action plan
- Develop distribution plans for and align all customer-facing content (blog, university, YouTube, events, conferences, etc.) with our customer journey and brand
- Manage and grow a team of content producers and strategists in addition to our pool of talented freelance, community, and internal writers
- Act as managing editor to ensure that content is meeting both brand and editorial standards — from high-level content planning to detailed in-line editing
- Oversee Webflow’s entire content production process — from defining our overall content strategy to overseeing individual campaigns from kickoff to analysis
- Manage our original content production efforts and make sure we’re building off of and complementing each other’s work
- Create an actionable content strategy across all of our marketing channels that talks to our 3 main buyer personas: freelancers, in house designers, and business stakeholders
That said, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your core responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as our Director of Content if you:
- Have significant experience leading and managing content teams in brand and/or marketing roles
- Have experience shaping a brand’s footprint through content
- Have people management experience within a high growth company or startup
- Enjoy working cross-functionally to make sure there is consistency in our brand voice and tone across a variety of initiatives
- Have a background in SaaS, B2B, or design software industry
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director of Content and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.